Your Vacation Activities Abound!
One of the most wonderful things about any vacation is the enjoyment and relaxation from different kinds of activities. Villa Castellamonte was designed and built with families and large groups in mind so whatever in villa activity entertains and delights you we probably have it (or more than one).
Whether it is the calming relaxation of reclining on seaside hammock to read a good book, the excitement of watching the humpback whales swim past the villa, practicing your short game or enjoying the perfect massage; our ultra luxury villa has the activities your family or group will enjoy!
- Zero-Entry Private Swimming Pool
- Huge (up to 16 Person) Heated Spa
- Frontgate® Unsinkable Floats & Pool Toys
- 15’ Championship Shuffleboard
- Professional Foosball Table
- 8’ Championship Billiards / Pool
- 4 Hole Golf Putting / Chipping Greens
- Family Basketball / Bocce Ball
- Ping-Pong Table
- Exercise & Spa Facilities
- Satellite T.V. / DVD / PlayStation 2 or XBox
- Stargazing / Sunbathing
- Whale Watching
- Beach Bonfire (extra fee applies)
- …much more!
Local Nearby Activities
Although there are loads of activities at the villa, you can also explore the surrounding area to enjoy even more fun-filled and exciting activities. The north coast of the Dominican Republic offers an abundance of diversions and leisure activities to help enhance your vacation. There are a wide variety of activities, from awesome Caribbean golf to fun-filled horseback riding in the rain forest.
Whatever diversion you desire, our villa concierge will help you arrange and coordinate it all. More remote excursions often include roundtrip transportation. Leave the details to us!
- ATV Excursion – Take a guided ATV excursion through the countryside or along the beaches!
- 27 Charcos – Scramble up and climb down the length of this wonderful river where you traverse nearly 27 waterfalls. Super fun!
- Golfing – The awe-inspiring Robert Trent Jones designed golf course of Playa Dorado is only an hour away!
- Scuba Diving / Snorkel – Whether you are a certified diver or just a beginner, our local dive operations have the perfect trip for you. Get PADI certified while you stay with us!
- Deep Sea Fishing – Depart from the local port of call to enjoy some local fishing. Marlin Chaser or Dominican Sport Fishing are right here for your entertainment.
- Tours – There are many tours available, from a few hours to an overnight stay in the capital city of Santo Domingo (see Columbus’ Grave).
- Horseback Riding – Take a guided tour back into the “campo” to enjoy some of the most amazing vistas in the world. Meet the super friendly Dominican people and enjoy a cup of their astounding coffee!
- Jeep Safari – Local guided jeep tours through the countrywide and local beaches. Look at local handicrafts and meet the beautiful people of the Dominican Republic.
- Tennis – By special arrangement with the local hotel our guests can enjoy their hard concrete tennis court for an hourly fee.
- Shopping Guide – Travel to Rio San Juan to grab those trinkets we all love to get, or stop in at Cabarete to enjoy upscale shopping. Tell us which you prefer and we will arrange it all.
- Windsurfing / Kiteboarding – Just up the road is Cabarete, the destination of the world championship of windsurfing and where kiteboarding was perfected. Overnight stays can readily be arranged!
- Local Beaches – From the small secluded beaches to the larger public ones, this area of the Dominican Republic has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Whale Watching – Tour to Samana at the right time of year to greet the humpback whales on their yearly migration (Jan thru Mar). You’ve never seen so many whales!
- Tobacco Factory Tour – Go to the local facilities where cigars are hand-made right in front of you. Dominican cigars are considered some of the best in the world and now you can enjoy watching them make one.
- Whitewater Rafting – One of the most entertaining (and exhausting) excursions is a (safe) white water rafting trip. Get up early, return late but you will have a blast!
- Night Life – Head downtown to the local disco or trek to the nearest casino for some island gambling.
- Ocean World Adventure Park – Swim with the dolphins and meet the sea lions. This is an amazing adventure!
- Monkey Jungle Zip Line – Enjoy a 4400 foot challenge course zip line, walk through the monkey jungle to play with these beautiful creatures and even explore a deep cave!
- …and many more activities!