Click to download
our full color brochure
Local Activites Nearby the Villa
The area surrounding Villa Castellamonte offers an abundance of diversions and leisure activities to help enhance your vacation. The north coast of the Dominican Republic offers a wide variety of activities, from awesome Caribbean golf to fun-filled horseback riding in the rain forest. Whatever diversion you desire, our villa concierge will help you arrange and coordinate it all. Leave the details to us!
- Golfing - The awe-inspiring Robert Trent Jones designed golf course of Playa Grande is often called the "Pebble Beach of the Caribbean." Golf Magazine awarded it an impressive !
- Scuba Diving / Snorkel - Whether you are a certified diver or just a beginner, our local dive operations have the perfect trip for you. Get PADI certified while you stay with us!
- Tours - There are many tours available, from a few hours to an overnight stay in the capital city of Santo Domingo (see Columbus' Grave).
- Caliente Caribe - Get a Day Pass to one of the Caribbean's most beautiful clothing optional resorts.
- Jeep Safari - Local guided jeep tours through the countrywide and local beaches. Look at local handicrafts and meet the beautiful people of the Dominican Republic.
- Horseback Riding - Take a guided tour back into the "campo" to enjoy some of the most amazing vistas in the world. Meet the super friendly Dominican people and enjoy a cup of their astounding coffee!
- Tennis - By special arrangement with the local hotel our guests can enjoy their hard concrete tennis court for an hourly fee.
- Shopping Guide - Travel to Rio San Juan to grab those trinkets we all love to get, or stop in at Cabarete to enjoy upscale shopping. Tell us which you prefer and we will arrange it all.
- Deep Sea Fishing - Depart from the local port of call to enjoy some local fishing or head to Samana or Puerto Plata for the real deep sea style.
- Windsurfing / Kiteboarding - Just up the road is Cabarete, the destination of the world championship of windsurfing and where kiteboarding was perfected. Overnight stays can readily be arranged!
- Local Beaches - From the small secluded beaches to the larger public ones, this area of the Dominican Republic has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Whale Watching - Tour to Samana at the right time of year to greet the humpback whales on their yearly migration (Jan thru Mar). You've never seen so many whales!
- Tobacco Factory Tour - Go to the local facilities where cigars are hand-made right in front of you. Dominican cigars are considered some of the best in the world and now you can enjoy watching them make one.
- ATV Rentals - Head up into the hills or just cruise along the backroads, our concierge will help arrange everything.
- Whitewater Rafting - One of the most entertaining (and exhausting) excursions is a (very safe) white water rafting trip. Get up early, return late but you will have a blast!
- Night Life - Head downtown to the local disco or trek to the nearest casino for some island gambling.
- Ocean World Adventure Park - Swim with the dolphins and meet the sea lions. This is an amazing adventure!
- Monkey Jungle Zip Line - Enjoy a 4400 foot challenge course zip line, walk through the monkey jungle to play with these beautiful creatures and even explore a deep cave!
- ...and many more activities!